December 27, 2008

Why would you read this blog?

Yes, indeed. There are a myriad of blogs. Why would you read this one?

It has come to my attention that wealth is no longer optional. We are hurtling towards the Gibsonian dystopia. The much threatened middleclass will evaporate. The Singularity will not rescue us. My children may live a thousand years, but only if I am able to pay for the life extension treatments. The treatments will not be covered by wage earner class health insurance.

There is an argument that I should, then, devote all my energies towards social reform. And certainly I will make efforts in that regard. But I believe that a tipping point has been reached. The existence of effective transnational corporations requires a one world government for effective regulation, but no such government is imaginable without a vicious interregnum. The warning signs are all about us. There is no telling how long I have to build an ark to survive the coming storm. It is a handful of years at most. I must begin immediately.

So, in short, here I will document my attempt to become wealthy. I may succeed or fail. In either case I should provide interesting, or at least entertaining, reading for those similarly inclined.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Words have power. Speak and be heard.